Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sunday my 88 year old mother called to tell me that election protesters in Iran where being clubed and gassed. We were both shocked by the event. My mother said the only way the news was getting out was on that new Internet thing called tweat. I knew she met twitter. As a public speaker for the last 27 years I thought how wonderful it is that we have the freedom to speak and share our political opinions on any stage and through all media. I remembered how empty the voting booths were when I went to vote in the the last presidential election. How funny the world is.
Just now I read the story about 70 academics being arrested in Iran. I taught college and I continue to speak on college campuses at campus events. I know I wanted my students at Florida State to seek the truth to value their freedom to fight for it. Would I have been arrested today if I was a teacher in Iran?

Patti Wood
The body language expert
www.PattiWood.net

Iran: Ahmadinejad Warns Obama. 70 Academics Arrested Overnight
Hope Fades but Anger Is Alive as Iran's Rulers Crack Down

This photo released by the official website of the Iranian supreme leader's office shows Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei during his meeting with Iranian parliamentarians, unseen, in Tehran, Iran, Wednesday, June 24, 2009. Iran's supreme leader said Wednesday that the government would not give in to pressure over the disputed presidential election, effectively closing the door to compromise with the opposition. (AP Photo/Office of the Supreme Leader)


responsible for the content that you post.

Who's Blogging» Links to this discussion
Rudi Bakhtiar
Director, Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans
Thursday, June 25, 2009; 12:00 PM

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned President Obama on Thursday to "avoid interfering" in Iranian affairs, and his security forces arrested 70 academics overnight after using clubs and tear gas Wednesday to break up demonstrations over the disputed June 12 elections.

This Story
Ahmadinejad Tells Obama Not to Interfere in Iran
Q&A, Transcript: Iran: Ahmadinejad Warns Obama. 70 Academics Arrested Overnight
Protest Met With Force Near Iran's Parliament
Iran Envoys Disinvited From July 4 Festivities
Hope Fades but Anger Is Alive as Iran's Rulers Crack Down
Iran Election Clashes Escalate
Blog: Coverage of Events in Iran
Full Coverage: Iranians Protest Presidential Election Results
Supremely Powerful
View All Items in This Story
View Only Top Items in This Story

No comments: